Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

brush with greatness

So the big event of my week (I guess) was my appearance on local TV this morning. It's a long(ish) and not very interesting story, but the upshot is that I was on Virginia This Morning to talk about "smart gifts for kids." As is my wont these days, I recommended Octavian Nothing and Skellig, and actually got to talk about both briefly. I'm told I didn't embarrass myself, and I'm choosing to believe that; we have neither a working VCR nor TiVo, so I can continue to believe it until someone else provides me with a copy.

But I really popped in here today to recommend that you read this interview with Anderson, who appears to be an alumnus of the same high school as my sister. Small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment