Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

and a little more

Mrs. Coulter (in comments) pointed me to a nice blog post (or two) by the editors of Harry Potter and International Relations (referred to somewhat sneeringly in the piece I linked to below). And here's a pretty good piece from USA Today that quotes Phil Nel and Karin Westman, great children's lit scholars at Kansas State.

There's lots more, of course, including the nice (if short) interview with Cheryl Klein on Talk of the Nation, and a bunch of other stuff that I'm too lazy to look up again now. You can find it, you're smart!

2 comments:

  1. Great comments in the Style Weekly article... rock on, fabulous. And I want to read that article with Jane Eyre and Harry and Holden... sounds cool. Is it online anywhere?

    happy reading, Libby -- xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree -- great quotes in Style Weekly. Even though I like the stories, I've always hated reading Rowling aloud because of the adverbs and her generally clunky ear.

    ReplyDelete