Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Placeholder

In case you've forgotten I blog here, I thought it was time for a quick post. And all I have to say is, I found Enchanted enchanting. I didn't really want to, and I'm sure there are things to say about how it both undermines the Disney magic and completely buys into it, but I still loved it. No tears, just pure pleasure at formula done right.

Nick enjoyed it just as much as Mariah, if not more.

(Oh, and by the way? Susan Sarandon should play a wicked stepmother more often. She looked like she was having so much fun!)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this yet, but want to before the break ends. I was especially intrigued after reading this post by Mitali Perkins.
    http://www.mitaliblog.com/2007/11/disneys-enchanted-hey-im-ba-a-d.html
    Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny timing -- I just saw this last night. I would have eaten this up when I was 10; now, like you, I was too distracted thinking about the moms (Morgan's and Prince Edward's -- why'd the one leave, and why'd the other go so bad?) I should probably write my own blog post on this one...

    ReplyDelete