Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm a winner!


Jeanne from Necromany Never Pays passed along a cool award to me a while ago, and I hadn't gotten around to posting about it here. So here it is. Yes, that does say "for the coolest blog I ever know," and yes, everyone else who's gotten it--including Jeanne--has commented on the bizarre (ok, wrong) grammar there. Whatever. I'm still happy to have the award, especially because I've been so lax at posting lately. (Ah, is this her secret plan? To get me to post more often? Or, perhaps, to reward me for not posting? Hmm...)

I haven't posted much not because I haven't been reading, but because I've been too busy reading--and preparing for my new semester--to comment on what I've been reading. And I'm afraid that state of affairs may continue for a while yet, but I can still find time to reward some other great blogs that make me think. These aren't all children's lit blogs--in fact, they mostly aren't--but, hey, it's my blog and I can do what I like.

OK, so here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Award up to ten other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.

I'm terrible about following bloggy rules, but I think I can manage those.

So here are my awardees:

Monica Edinger at Educating Alice offers great reports on reading and teaching from a fourth-grade classroom that makes me want to go back to elementary school.

Speaking of elementary school, my daughter spent second grade in Room 204, and now her former teacher is blogging! Write Now in Room 204 is third grade the way it should be.

Susan's blog, Reading Writing Living, is inspiring me right now to be more organized and to make more time for my writing.

Laura at 11D is another of my must-reads. She finds news that I haven't seen yet, and comments on it so intelligently and clearly that I feel as if I've figured something out all on my own.

I've just recently discovered Outside Voice, and it's another one that's quickly made my must-read list. The tagline says it all for me: "In which motherhood and academia are juggled. Barely."

There are lots more I could hand out awards to (including all the ones I gave the Thinking Blogger award to almost two years ago), but I'm going to stop here and let the rest of you come up with some more must-reads. (Or, not. Like Jeanne, I'm not going to come after you if you don't follow the rules.) Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Libby, thank you so much! I'll have to check out these others pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, that is incredibly kind of you. Thanks so much! Will add the pretty butterfly this week (after I finish all syllabi...I am not allowed to do anything cool until after that's completed). You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I didn't have manipulative intentions when I gave you the bad grammar butterfly...I'd like it if you could post more, but if you're busy doing other things, that's okay too. I prefer quality over quantity. Also the time I have online fluctuates wildly from week to week, and I assume others are in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete