Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Friday, May 04, 2007

don't ban books

I'm too busy to blog, really--I have a stack of grading that is not getting any shorter. (The fact that I am not actually reading the exams might have something to do with that.) So I must address that.

But in the meantime, read about Maureen Johnson's novel, The Bermudez Triangle, which I now want to read (after the exams, of course) and why some people think you shouldn't read it (scroll down on that last one for the mention of pusillanimous twerps; keep going to read about some particularly, um, interesting Utah Republicans). Three cheers for librarians!

(Note that all above links are anti-book-banning. I do not link to book-banners.)

No comments:

Post a Comment