Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Something New

I did something I've never done before a few weeks ago: I served as a judge in a fiction contest. It was fun! I read a bunch of short stories, then met with the other judges to choose the winners. Over coffee and pastries we read and discussed and came up with three winners, which were announced today. I'm just back from hearing the authors read them (well, two of them: the first place winner just left town to enter an MFA program) and the reading was terrific and well-attended. So congratulations, winners!

I know this isn't children's lit stuff (truly, it isn't--read the stories!), but it still merits a mention here.

No comments:

Post a Comment