Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Two for Two

Last year I read and blogged M.T. Anderson's The Astonishing Life... in October, and in November it won the National Book Award for Young People's Literature. This year I read Sherman Alexie's Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, and blogged it, in November--and today I heard that it, too, has won the NBA for YPL.

What will I read next fall?


p.s.: (do you notice a certain similarity in the titles?)

2 comments:

  1. that's some kind of mojo you've got working! can you harness that kind of power for your friends' and family members' writing? maybe?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ack!

    1) fabulous taste

    2) I literally just saw that book on the NY Times website, clicked, read, and recorded as future reading for sure... like, just 5 minutes ago. weird.

    ReplyDelete