Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Award Announcements

The American Library Association has announced the winners of the 2008 Caldecott, Newbery, Printz, and many other awards for literature for children and young adults. You can read all about them here. I am chagrined to realize how few of these books I've read. One honor book (Repossessed, by A.M. Jenkins) is on my TBR list for the Cybils Science Fiction/Fantasy award, and I'm sure I'll read many of the others, but for the moment my time is occupied with reading for other awards, and I need to get back to that, now. Congratulations to all the award winners and honorees; I look forward to some great new reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment