Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Edge of the Forest

The new Edge of the Forest is up, and as always there are some wonderful things to read. I just finished this lovely interview with Jane Resh Thomas, and I am energized just by reading her words. (Check out her "six admonitions" for the writer. I'm putting those above my desk, and in the front of all my writing notebooks.)

Then there are, as always, the reviews of all sorts...including mine of The Name of this Book is Secret (scroll down; two of us reviewed this one!). (And when can I get my hands on The Sweet Far Thing?) And if you've been worried that kids aren't reading, check out the Kids' Picks. I was also delighted to find this interview with Holly Thompson, whose new book, The Wakame Gatherers, sounds fascinating.

There's more, but that should get you started--enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment