Musings on children's and YA literature, the academy, and the relationship between them, from an English professor and mother.

Saturday, June 05, 2010

48 Hour Book Challenge Update

Whew! I'm surprising myself by how much I've read. The quick totals, 28 hours in:

12.75 hours of reading
let's call it 2 hours of social networking, blogging, reading updates, etc.
2065 pages
5 novels

The last three I've read are the first three books in Michael Scott's Alchemyst series; we have one more in the house and that's the next up. This is one appealing series: gods, demigods, and monsters from all kinds of mythology, a nice mix of the historical and the present-day, and all kinds of ambiguity about who's on whose side. I'm only sorry that the fifth novel isn't out yet--I'll finish the weekend without closure, but at least caught up on a series I'm enjoying.

But now I really need to get out of the house. I hit the farmer's market this morning and now it's time to get to Trader Joe's.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Michael Scott series and I love Trader Joe's! I'm coming to your house!!

    Have you ever had the dark chocolate pretzel thins from TJ's? Amazing, especially when you stick them in the fridge for awhile!

    ReplyDelete